Thank you for your interest in wanting to work with children here at Mount Isa Baptist Church. In order to provide adequate care, minimise risk and comply with government standards, we adhere to a 'Safe Church Strategy.'
This 'Safe Church Policy' outlines the requirements of 'screening,' 'training' and 'reporting'. It requires that all volunteers and staff working with to:
- Have been issued a blue card;
- Submit an application (Printable Version or Online Submission) - including the submission of at least two references (schedule 4);
- Complete the 'Child Safe Training (see below);
- Attend an interview if deemed necessary by church leadership (Schedule 6).
Once approved to work with children, staff and volunteers are required to:
- Comply with the Code of Conduct;
- Comply with the requirements of risk management plans that are required and in place for high risk activities or special events..
Mount Isa Baptist Church uses 'Child Safe - Safety Management Online,' in order to:
- Maintain the Blue Card registry;
- Maintain an incident report form registry;
- Provide training;
- Provide resources to minimise risk during activities.
Once you have been approved to work with children, you will receive login details to access this training and resources.