Our Church is a member of the Queensland Baptist Union. As such our fundamental beliefs are the same as that of the Baptist Union.
- The Bible, in its original language, to be the inspired, the only infallible authoritative Word of God, and this shall form our rule of faith and practice.
- That there is one God, Eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His personal return at the end of this age.
- It is the Holy Spirit who convinces men of their sin, bringing them to repentance and faith; and who dwells in all believers, uniting them into the Body of Christ.
- That every member of the human race possesses a corrupt nature as a consequence of Adam’s sin and is a sinner accountable to God.
- In the resurrection of the dead. The saved to everlasting life. The lost to everlasting separation from God.
- That baptism by immersion is a symbol of the believer’s identification with the Lord Jesus Christ in His death, burial and resurrection to newness of life.
- The Lord’s Supper is a memorial of the sacrifice of the body and blood of The Lord Jesus Christ, until He returns.
- Human sexuality: We accept the Scriptural position of human sexuality and marriage (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4-5; Ephesians 5:31). This position is further outlined in the QB Position Statement on marriage and gender adopted by the QB assembly on 10 April 2015.