Uniform Enquiry Form
What is Boys' Brigade about?
The Object of Boys' Brigade is...
"The advancement of Christ's kingdom among Boys and the promotion of habits of Obedience, Reverence, Discipline, Self-respect and all that tends towards a true Christian manliness."
The Boys' Brigade is a worldwide network that has been successfully operating children and youth programs for 130 years. Boys' Brigade (BB) provides young boys with a mix of fun, adventure and challenge. BB mentors and empowers each member to reach their potential, building their resilience and enabling them to find their place in leading and impacting their world today and into the future.
With a Christian faith at it's centre, Boys' Brigade has a proven track record for reaching out to the local community proving balanced 4-sided developmental programs (Physical, Spiritual, Educational and Social) for young men of all backgrounds, abilities and interests, BB broadens their horizons and skills with local, national and international recognition for their achievements.
Want to know more?
Check out Boys Brigade Queensland or Boys' Brigade Australia.
What do we do at BB?
Every night at Boys' Brigade is different!
We run a varied program that includes a mix of:
- Christian teaching (bible studies, devotions, topical studies);
- life skills development (mechanics/woodwork, cooking, public speaking, knot tying, outdoor survival skills);
- physical development (sports, wrestling, general athletics);
- cognitive development (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics [STEM] projects);
- discipline (uniform deportment, drill/marching); and
- respect (team building activities and challenges, fundraising and service to community).
We also run local camps. Recent camps have included the following themes:
- Survival of the Fittest;
- Gone Fishin' at Karumba;
- Fear Factor Company Camp;
- Lawn Hill Expedition; and
- Spring Creek Expedition.
Membership of our company also gives the boys the opportunity to participate in state and nationally run camps. For more information on these camps head to the Boys' Brigade Queensland and Boys' Brigade Australia websites.